Lip Sync Competition – October 15 – 1PM
Contest Details and Rules
Show us your Lip Sync Skills @ Mayflower’s Lip Sync Face Off Competition and YOU COULD WIN! Contest is 1pm, Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016.
Simply send Mayflower Mall a private message on our Facebook page and we will confirm your registration. *Entries may be limited, subject to first come, first registered.
Must include the following in your private message:
– Name and Age of Participant(s)
*Single acts must register separately. Duo Acts are permitted – please include information for both participants in same message.
– Contact phone number
– List 3 song choices with artist names.
– Mall employees and family members will be allowed to participate in the competition.
– Mayflower Mall will reply within 24 hours to confirm your registration and announce your chosen song.
- 2 Categories: Under 12 years old & Over 12 years old.
- Awarded prizes may fall under any category.
- Open to individual participants and duo acts. *Should a Duo act win, they would share prize awarded.
- Participants must submit their top 3 song choices. Song selection will be awarded as first come first served registered.
- Participants must register no later than 3pm on Thursday, October 13, 2016.*Contest may close before this date if maximum participants is reached.
- Register by providing: Name of contestant(s), contact phone (cell) number, and list your top 3 song choices with artist name. Songs must be pre-selected upon registration.
- Each contestant will perform at least one of their song choices. (Selected songs subject to order registered) More than one song may be performed based on number of participants registered. Finalists may perform another song choice in finale.
- The first 2 minutes (approximately) of the song will be chosen if it contains the minimum of one verse and a chorus.
- Props and costumes are encouraged but not mandatory.
- Please refrain from choosing songs with any lewd or offensive language, dancing, props or costumes.
The winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges. Judging is based upon a variety of criteria including the following:
Lip Sync Ability (ability to mouth the words of the song, creating the illusion that the person or persons is actually performing the song on stage. Precise synchonization between the sound and performer will be analyzed).
Appearance: Originality and costume design is key. (How well the over all look, hair style, accessories etc. match the look or actions of the original artist.)
Use of Microphone (Realistic use of mic, showing an authentic act of a live performance. Facial expressions, gestures, and choreography that simulates the likeness of the original performer(s)will be taken into great consideration.
Audience Response: Enthusiastic response from Audience will be noted.
Contestants are asked to sign a photo/video release waiver allowing Mayflower Mall to post to their social media sites and/or website.
PRIZES awarded for 1st Place: $300 in Mall Gift Certificates – Runner-up: $150 in Mall Gift Certificates.
Rules and guidelines are at the discretion of Mayflower Mall, and Mayflower Mall reserves the right to change or alter rules and guidelines at any time.
To view contest details and rules in a PDF format, please click here.